Friday, December 20, 2013

The Beginning

It all started one day in April of 2006. I was a sophomore in high school, and just started my first job. I worked at Ream's Grocery, our local store. I noticed this really cute boy talking with the manager, and I couldn't stop staring. He was making everyone around him laugh, and he was laughing the loudest. Then one day he started bagging for me at my check stand, I was a cashier, even though he was not a bagger, but worked in the Western Wear department. From then on I would always ask to work the check stand nearest him and he always came over to bag for me. He got into trouble numerous times, but always came back. We talked and flirted for a while. He would come and sit with me in my breaks and would walk me to the door when my dad came to get me after my shift. Everyone started to notice, and started teasing us and saying we should just go out already!

I remember one night the manager was really getting after him to just ask me. He walked me to the door, and I remember standing there waiting. I kept thinking over and over, just ask me. But he just told me to have a good night.

Finally after about two weeks of talking and flirting, he finally brought up the subject of us dating. He asked me what I thought of what everyone was saying about us dating. I asked him if he would want to and he said yes. So, I told him that I thought we should.

Then he finally asked me on a date that following weekend. I was so excited. It was going to be my first date. Then I thought, crap now I have to tell my Dad!!
My Dad came in to buy some groceries, so I decided that was the perfect time to tell him. So I asked if we had any plans that weekend. Then I told my Dad I had a date with Jake that weekend. Jake was bagging for me at the time, so he was standing right there. My Dad turned and looked at him and said Hi. Then he turned back to look at me. When I had said that I had a date, he had just swiped his card. He looked at me for a few seconds, then said he couldn't remember his pin. I was trying so hard not to laugh! I told him the pin, then he said he would be back to pick me up after my shift. But he handled it well.

Our first date was dinner and bowling. We had a lot of fun. We got more comfortable around each other as the night went on. I remember one moment when we were high-fiving for one of gets a good score, when he held onto my hand for a few extra seconds. Boy did my heart beat go crazy after that. On the ride home I made sure to sit in the middle seat of his truck, right next to him.

From  then on we dated all through high school. He went to Hunter High and I went to Cyprus High. Two big rival schools! He was with me through everything that I went through during those years.
I got into a big fight with two of my best friends, and ultimately stopped being friends with them. My parents health went down hill dramatically and they ended up selling the house. I moved many times in the years following that. But Jake was my rock through it all.

We graduated in June 2008 and I quit Ream's a month later, Jake had quit a while before that. Then I got a job at a Veterinary Hospital, which I still work at. We got married in December after we graduated and rented an apartment together.
Then in June 2009 we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into our family. In December of 2009 we bought a house! Then in October of 2012 we found out we were expecting another baby! In June 2013 we welcomed a baby boy to our family.

I am now a stay at home mom to a four year old girl, and 6 month old boy. I absolutely love being able to stay home with both of my kids now. I was unable to do that with my daughter, and I hated having to leave her with someone else while I went to work.
This time with two kids, we couldn't afford for me TO work. I would literally be working to pay for daycare. So I get to spend every day with my kids. They drive me nuts sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my husband so much. He still makes me laugh every day. He works hard to make it alright for me to stay home with our kids.

1 comment:

FloridaMommy said...

I loved reading your story! :)